Friday 12 August 2016

Paper Piecing

Here is my paper pieced page in my junk journal, using the PaperArtsy topic of Paper Piecing as inspiration. 

This page was lumpy from the additions to the previous page, so I added some gesso to even it out a bit, but then decided to just go with the lumps. 

I added PaperArtsy Infusions and let then dribble and pool into the dips between the lumps. I actually really loved this stage. 



I then cut some patterned paper into sections so that I could piece this heart. 


 and did the same with some letters. 


I inked all the edges to give definition between the joins. I also added shading down one side with a water soluble pencil, and some stamping. 


I added the same shading etc to the word side. 


All done 


Darcy x


2 comments:

  1. ooh, I love this - the background is fantastic!! the patterns on your paper heart are fab too.

    ReplyDelete